Monday, October 31, 2011

HAPPY HALLOWEEN ... and Day 4...

I LOVE Halloween! It is so fun for me, I love costumes and dressing up and it just feels festive and crisp ... not to mention the smells! Halloween smells like pumpkins and crisp leaves and candy. Oh the sweet, sweet joys of the season! Plus it was Halloween when my husband and I first kissed, so that adds a little more magic to the season as well!
We went to a fun Halloween party on Saturday night and there were so many fantastic costumes, I love it when people put effort into dressing up for Halloween. I wish I would have been more diligent in my photo documentation of the evening. I didn't even get a proper picture of my wings - I'll have to remember to do that when I dress up to hand out candy this evening! I did get some pictures though and decided to whip up a little digital scrapbooking page to display our lovely fun filled evening.
as you can see I was a Parrot and my hubby was a Pirate.

I hope you all have had wonderful Halloween fun so far!

Now onto Day 4: A favourite Quote. If you click on the little button below it will take you to where I explain these 30 days.


I read this quote in a book in my teenage years and it's always stuck with me.  I have seen a few different variations of this quote fly around but this was the way I originally read it.

"When you reach the end of everything you know, and the next step is into the darkness of the great unknown, you must believe one of two things. Either you will step onto firm ground, or you will be given wings to fly."
           --unknown

This quote always brings such beautiful imagery to mind. What a beautiful message of faith and hope!

Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote!! I got my cat cookies made & some delivered to the neighbourhood kids! Happy Halloween to you & Kelly!

    ReplyDelete